Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Funeral Whore Interview


1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
TIM
We try to create a really eerie vibe around the band. To give it the most morbid feeling we can bring on shows, artwork, skulls, props and such.
ROY
We started in 2006 with only 1 goal, OSDM to the bone. No technical high standard crap metal, no clean gayvocals, no faggot keyboards. Pure old school death metal.
In a 5 year period we have had 4 drummers and none of them matched with the band. This was the cause of a bad start but our fanatism for death metal kept the band pounding forward.

2. How would you describe your musical sound?
TIM
To give it even more an eery vibe to it we play in B. Everyone says we have doom influences, but I don´t think that´s really true. We just play Old School Death Metal from 30 years ago.
ROY
We play B tuned death metal which mostly nearing the early Grave albums. Are songs are not long, it’s dark, obscure and aggressive. We have no blastbeats and we have the common use not to use melodic guitar riffs. This gives the music are very nihillistic, dirty evil sounding character. When you listen to the album, I’m sure you notice this.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
TIM
Death, Horror and Destruction. HAHAHA
ROY
Death & darkness is the maintheme of the band. This can be found in horrormovies, walking along the cemeteries or simply taking a look in your own morbid mind. For me personally the way to work things out for the songs.

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
ROY
None, it just sounds brutal.

5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
TIM
For me personally the shows we played in Germany. They really know what metal means and how to have a real good time.
ROY
The shows in Germany were killers. But I personally must admit I was stunned by the show last time in our hometown Beverwijk, definantly a killer show too.
KELLIE
I have a great time on stage, every gig!!! But I think the visitors of our gigs make it complete!!! So the gig in Basel (Zwitserland), de gigs in Germany and also the gig in our hometown Beverwijk where awesome!!!

6. Do you have any touring plans?
TIM
As far as I am concerned YES!
ROY
We are working out a bunch of shows in the east but not all have been confirmed yet. For tours, we are ready, that’s for sure.
KELLIE
We’re ready and want to go on tour, so where very busy trying to arrange some tours!!!

7. On a worldwide level how has your music been recieved by death metal fans?
ROY
For so far it’s fucking great! Good reviews and ratings. I think it’s osdm simplicity will be appriciated by older age metalheads. Our music is made for a specific group of metalheads, the osdm guys worldwide. Not for the technical bullshit idiotes of the mainstream nowadays crap.
KELLIE
The reactions are great!!!

8. Are there any other projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
TIM
This band consumes most of my time, and I don't want it any other way. So no.
ROY
Funeral Whore is my mainband, which stays that way. I’m active in a black metal project with a group of friends. Every now and than we rehearsal, no rush.
KELLIE
I don’t have other projects besides Funeral Whore

9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
TIM
I agree what Roy says. HAHAHA.
ROY
Because we are extremly fanatic and enthousiastic, much more than the average death metalband, our music will reach out toward the bigger stages. And that’s no bullshit, it’s the truth. We have our goals, are loyal to eachother and this certain brotherhood and efforts in the band will reward us intime, no question about that.

10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
ROY
Most influence came from the early Grave albums. Early Unleashed, Entombed, Benediction and other osdm bands have inspired me very much. For years now I listen to osdm, brutal death metal and underground black metal.

11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
ROY
I have so many intrests in so many things, too much to mention.
KELLIE
I’m changing my motorcycle so far that I like it as hell, so hopefully I can drive on my bike this summer!!!

12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
ROY
Yeah, any osdm band worldwide, contact us now for comradeship! OSDM to the bone!

No comments:

Post a Comment