1. After the release, we did a few gigs in our hometown Kuopio and we've been working hard on bringing the physical, actual album to life.
The "phonographic" release is planned to be available this spring with worldwide shipping. Quite a few people have already been asking about it.
2.In November you had released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
2. Nightmares sounds much more darker, heavier and sinister than it's predecessor 'Origins'. The sound is all in all very old school orientated, taking influence from bands like Carcass, Morbid Angel and Grave etc.
3.The band has been around since 2005 but so far have only released 2 demo's and 2 full lengths, can you tell us a little bit more about the gap between releases?
3. There has been some changes in the line-up in between those gaps, so lots of rehearsing and composing new songs as well. Also some gigs.
4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
4. Occultism, undead, nightmares, violence, bitterness and general malevolence.
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Kruor'?
5. Absolutely nothing. Our former bass player came up with that, explaining that it was latin and it meant blood,the 'C' letters were just switched to 'K'. None of us came up with anything better, so we kinda got stuck with it. It's a pain to pronounce, but the name, no matter how crappy it is, grows on you over time.
6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
6. In 2009 we played in our hometown's biggest festival Kuopio Rock alongside with acts like Kreator and Misfits. That was memorable and our biggest show yet. Just recently we did a warm up gig for finnish band Stam1na and had a great audience there too.We always aim to keep our stage performance energetic, impacting and interactive with crowd.
7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?
7. At the moment, no. Our personal lifes and other hobbies pretty much consume the majority of our time.
We try to do as much gigs as we can, because those are (almost) always great fun. Touring is not out of the question however.
8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for label or have received any interest?
8. There was some interest from few labels regarding the release of 'Nightmares', but we ultimately decided to go independent, having100% control of it's content and distribution.
9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death metal?
9. Mainly positive and encouraging. With the release of 'Nightmares' we have gained a lot of new fans outside of Finland which is also nice.
10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
10. As brutal as it can get.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. Like mentioned above, Morbid Angel, Carcass etc. Those are the bands that remain in our favorites to this day. Some of us listen to punk and other alternative music too.
12.What are some of your non musical interests?
12. Varies from member to member from home brewing and ice hockey to gym and computer-nonsense.
13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
13. Keep supporting Death Metal! Also check us out on Facebook, YouTube and SoundCloud.